Wednesday, April 4, 2012

by the way... i'm making a game!

So you probably already noticed the Script Frenzy icon over there on the right if you've been to the blog recently. And if you're naturally clever, you probably realized it has something to do with writing a script for--something or over.

Which is all fine and good of course, but what in the world is it doing on a games blog like this?

The answer is simple, ladies and gentlemen and genderless folk: I am writing a game script. This month.


Codenamed Project Untitled (for the simple reason that I can never name my writing projects until they at least resemble a finished format), this game will be, at least, an awesome game. Furthermore, I can promise you that it will be available to play online and possibly through a mobile means with an arbitrarily-chosen release date of July 5th, 2012. I'll be developing it through a little handy dandy tool called Choicescript courtesy of the amazing Choice of Games development people. In short, what Choicescript does is provide the means to create multiple-choice-test-style text adventures. In other words, don't expect something in brilliant Unreal 3D graphics featuring the voice talent of Felicia Day and downloadable via Steam. It's a small project, entirely directed and written by a small person like myself.

And I better stop talking now before my ambitions get out of hand.

More details forthcoming in the following weeks. Right now, I'm just writing.

2 comments: