Wednesday, July 25, 2012

missing images.

A few weeks ago, Atrus got a Chrome OS "upgrade" that ended up throwing a major handicap on this entire website, wrecking havoc on everything with a .jpeg or .png surname. It was file genocide in the form of Google Drive taking over my corner of the Internet on this little netbook I call my sole computer in possession at this time. Since then, not only did my Blogger avatar and custom-designed tiled background disappear, but so did ALL the screenshots and other images I've accumulated from the 88 posts prior to the publication of the Calendar game review. And while the avatar and background are relatively quick fixes (at least for now, I'm using one of the standard-issue images available for the blog theme), the screenshots are scattered across time and space...

I apologize for this extraordinary inconvenience as the archived reviews are basically wrecked from the visual perspective on things--however, as I have just explained, it is not my direct fault. Obviously, this is a great opportunity for you to simply check out the game from the get-go link and see things for yourself, but it defeats the point of the stand-alone game review analysis with the accompanying illustrations to spice up this and that bullet point of discussion.

As I endeavor to get back on track with a regular posting schedule (see the Facebook page for an explanation on *that* aspect of posting delay), I will attempt to recover as many images as possible for the older game reviews. I can't guarantee 100% recovery, especially for the very first reviews that ever appeared, but I will do my best to ensure that your experience with Transcending Pixels is not a befuddling read that leaves you wondering why you bothered to come in the first place.

In the near future, Pixels will be moving to a non-Blogger platform where issues like Chrome OS "updates" will be unable to inflict another genocide across the entire network of Google services.

No comments:

Post a Comment