pixel poll review #1
Last week I conducted an informal poll asking, "On which platform do you most often play casual games?" However, you may be assured that the miserably lonely number of 1 vote reported on the blog's widget poll is not to be believed; I also asked the question on the Facebook page, allowing me to obtain a more representative sample including opinions from sweaty gamers as well as the everyday people to whom casual games are particularly marketed. Granted, the results aren't as randomized or standardized as true surveys should produce, but as I'm still in the process of figuring out how to get a blog to the top of the search results without pestering my social circles to death, I'll likely run this survey again in a few months when there's at least a bigger Facebook following.
Survey says:
- Console (i.e. Wii Sports): 60%
- Mobile devices (i.e. Angry Birds): 10%
- Browser-only (i.e. Kongregate): 30%
- PC/Mac (i.e. downloadables for MMOs): 0%
I confess I wasn't entirely sure about including the fourth poll option. Classic Mac titles like Cro-Mag-Rally and Glider Pro were the first games I ever knew growing up and they'll always have a place in my heart. However, I've noticed a growing trend in download-only titles, that they seem to belong to the "serious" casual gamers, if they could be considered casual at all. What think ye, my dear readers? Are my survey statistics grossly skewed in representing the casual gamers who do play download-only, or are these titles not as "casual" as I believed?
No comments:
Post a Comment